PODCAST: Distributors navigate market chaos, must build resilience
Author: Will Beacham
BARCELONA (ICIS)–While chemical distributors have been able to thrive, despite chaotic supply/demand conditions, they must now plan for long-term trends such as digitalisation and sustainability.
- Current chaotic market conditions have echoes of 2008/9 financial crisis
- Distributor financial results have shown resilience in face of crisis
- Better quality data is helping distributors navigate crisis with agility
- Distribution is 15-20% of total chemical demand
- Care needed to build resilient supply chains without unsustainable costs
- Distributors can play role in developing regional circular economies
- Further consolidation can be expected via mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Digitalisation will allow better customer engagement, user experience
- Questions over size of Asia distribution market, quoted at $120-130bn
Register for Distribution Day on Tuesday 11 May to hear CEOs discuss the future of distribution.
Download the ICIS Top 100 Chemical Distributors list for 2021.« Previous Post Next Post »