Huntsman Q4 and Full Year Earnings
HUNTSMAN REPORTS FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL YEAR 2015 RESULTS;
2015 ADJUSTED EPS IMPROVES TO $2.00 FROM $1.94 IN 2014
• Adjusted EBITDA was $240 million compared to $292 million in the prior year period and $311 million in
the prior quarter.
• Adjusted diluted income per share was $0.51 compared to $0.33 in the prior year period and $0.47 in
the prior quarter.
• Net income attributable to Huntsman Corporation was $4 million compared to net loss of $38 million in
the prior year period and net income of $55 million in the prior quarter.
• The stronger U.S. dollar reduced adjusted EBITDA by an estimated $24 million compared to the prior
year period; a negative impact of approximately $0.07 loss per diluted share.
• The combination of effective tax planning, certain unusual tax benefits and regional mix of income
created an approximate $0.25 per diluted share net tax benefit during the fourth quarter 2015.
• $100 million accelerated share repurchase program completed; $50 million authorization remaining.
Full Year 2015 Highlights
• Adjusted EBITDA was $1,221 million compared to $1,340 million in the prior year.
• Adjusted diluted income per share was $2.00 compared to $1.94 in the prior year.
• Net income attributable to Huntsman Corporation was $93 million compared to $323 million in the prior
• The stronger U.S. dollar reduced adjusted EBITDA by an estimated $136 million compared to the prior
year; a negative impact of approximately $0.39 loss per diluted share.
• Planned PO/MTBE maintenance at our Port Neches, TX facility reduced adjusted EBITDA in 2015 by
approximately $95 million. This maintenance occurs approximately once every five years.
The Woodlands, TX – Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) today reported fourth quarter 2015 results with
revenues of $2,332 million and adjusted EBITDA of $240 million.
Peter R. Huntsman, our President and CEO, commented:
“During the fourth quarter this year, EBITDA from our cyclical businesses – which include our MTBE, ethylene
and TiO2 products – decreased approximately $78 million compared to the prior year. This overshadowed the
real strength of our portfolio which is in our downstream differentiated businesses. Excluding approximately
$24 million of foreign currency headwind, the EBITDA from our differentiated businesses improved
approximately $50 million compared to the prior year or 27%.
“In 2016, primarily as a result of lower priced oil and a lower global economic growth environment, we expect
continued EBITDA pressure on our cyclical businesses. Growth from our differentiated businesses will offset
cyclical pressure and inflationary costs such that we expect our 2016 EBITDA to be a similar amount to 2015.
Importantly however, we expect our free cash flow generation to improve by $350 million in 2016 through lower
capital expenditures, restructuring and maintenance. In 2016 we will continue to pursue
Segment Analysis for 4Q15 Compared to 4Q14
The decrease in revenues in our Polyurethanes division for the three months ended December 31, 2015
compared to the same period in 2014 was due to lower average selling prices and lower MTBE sales volumes.
MDI average selling prices decreased in response to lower raw material costs and the currency exchange
impact of a stronger U.S. dollar primarily against the Euro. PO/MTBE average selling prices decreased in-line
with lower pricing for high octane gasoline. MDI sales volumes increased due to higher demand as well as
competitor outages in the Asian region. The decrease in adjusted EBITDA was primarily due to lower MTBE
contribution margins and the foreign currency exchange impact of a stronger U.S. dollar primarily against the
Euro partially offset by higher MDI contribution margins.
« Previous Post Next Post »