Hurricane Harvey Chemical Industry Impact
PCW Tropical Storm Harvey Update 1
- Tropical Storm Harvey continued on its path towards the Texas coast, with winds at 10 am Central Time estimated to be 65 mph from the NOAA’s National Hurricane Center, with tropical-storm-force winds extending outward up to 90 miles from the center.
- The storm is expected to continue strengthening and develop into a hurricane by Friday. Landfall is estimated to be near Corpus Christi late Friday or early Saturday. The middle Texas coast is currently under a hurricane warning.
- Formosa was shutting its entire Point Comfort site in preparation for the storm’s arrival.
- Other production sites in the projected path of the storm include Equistar at Corpus Christi, OxyChem at Ingleside, DuPont and Equistar at Victoria, Dow at Seadrift, Equistar at Matagorda and Celanese at Bay City.
- Citgo and Flint Hills Resources have shut their Corpus Christi refineries.
http://portal.criticalimpact.com/vm2/a5e8374da1ff185f/74/90ce9d8a13e84d6cc3d6b838967d376c« Previous Post Next Post »