Spray Foam Truck Catches Fire
Trailer carrying polyurethane explodes in Lansing
A trailer fire occured at the 1600 block of Park Avenue in Lansing on Wednesday, Oct. 26. Courtesy video
LANSING – A trailer carrying polyurethane exploded Wednesday afternoon on the 1600 block of Park Avenue in Lansing.
Kalea Sanford, who lives on the block, saw the fire around 2:12 p.m. and called the Lansing Fire Department.
“I saw it, then you could smell it,” Sanford said. “It had spread to the truck and started billowing.”
The trailer was carrying equipment for spray insulation, said Capt. Steve Mazurek, public information officer for the Lansing Fire Department.
Both a generator and air compressor were running in the trailer. One caught fire and ignited four 55-gallon drums of polyurethane, causing an explosion, Mazurek said.
The fire was so intense that it melted the siding of a nearby house.
The fire department extinguished the flames around 2:30 p.m. No one was injured.
Alexander Alusheff is a reporter at the Lansing State Journal. Contact him at (517) 388-5973 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @alexalusheff.
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2016/10/26/trailer-truck-catch-fire-lansing/92783248/« Previous Post Next Post »