Tempur Chooses New Pour Line Facility Location
Tempur Sealy expands U.S. manufacturing capacity with Indiana plant
- Tempur Sealy International (NYSE:TPX) announces that it has selected Crawfordsville, Indiana as the site for its previously-announced third domestic foam-pouring plant as part of its U.S. expansion plans.
- The new state-of-the-art plant is expected to be the largest Tempur Sealy manufacturing facility in the world.
- The construction on the 130-acre site is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2021. Construction will be funded from operating cash flow.
- The first phase is planned for about 700K square feet, with the ability to double its capacity over time and to expand to a final size of ~1M square feet in the future.
- Production is expected to begin in 2023, and Tempur Sealy plans to hire about 300 local employees to staff the facility.
- “The facility will have the capabilities to manufacture a wide variety of bedding products and components for branded and non-branded operations, including Tempur-Pedic, Sealy, Stearns & Foster and OEM mattresses,” CEO Scott Thompson said.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3703900-tempur-sealy-expands-us-manufacturing-capacity-with-indiana-plant?mail_subject=tpx-tempur-sealy-expands-u-s-manufacturing-capacity-with-indiana-plant&utm_campaign=rta-stock-news&utm_content=link-3&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha« Previous Post Next Post »