Huntsman Q3 Results
Huntsman Announces Third Quarter 2020 Earnings; Solid Recovery Trends in Core Markets
THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Oct. 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ —
Third Quarter Highlights
- Third quarter 2020 net income of $57 million compared to net income of $41 million in the prior year period; third quarter 2020 diluted earnings per share of $0.22 compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.13 in the prior year period.
- Third quarter 2020 adjusted net income of $70 million compared to adjusted net income of $95 million in the prior year period; third quarter 2020 adjusted diluted earnings per share of $0.32 compared to adjusted diluted earnings per share of $0.41 in the prior year period.
- Third quarter 2020 adjusted EBITDA of $188 million compared to $215 million in the prior year period.
- Third quarter 2020 net cash provided by operating activities from continuing operations was $65 million. Free cash flow from continuing operations was $11 million for the third quarter 2020 and adjusted free cash flow from continuing operations was $189 million.
- Balance sheet remains strong with a net leverage of 1.6x and total liquidity is approximately $2.5 billion.
- Sale of Venator Materials PLC shares to funds advised by SK Capital is on track to close near year end. Together with estimated cash tax savings of approximately $150 million, which this transaction facilitates, we expect to secure an aggregate total cash benefit of approximately $250 million.
- In excess of $100 million of previously announced targeted annualized savings and acquisition integration synergies remains on track to be achieved by the end of 2021.
- On October 28, 2020, Huntsman announced the agreement to sell its India based Do-It-Yourself consumer adhesives business for up to $285 million to Pidilite Industries Ltd. The transaction value represents a 2019 adjusted EBITDA multiple of ~15x and is expected to close within the coming week.
Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) today reported third quarter 2020 results with revenues of $1,510 million, net income of $57 million, adjusted net income of $70 million and adjusted EBITDA of $188 million.
Peter R. Huntsman, Chairman, President and CEO, commented:
“The third quarter proved to be better than we had anticipated with improving conditions in almost all of our businesses except for commercial aircraft. Although the global community continues to face significant challenges around COVID-19, we see positive momentum entering the fourth quarter. We remain fully on track in integrating our two downstream acquisitions completed earlier this year and in delivering in excess of $100 million of annualized synergies and savings from our previously announced cost optimization initiative by the end of 2021. We are also on track to close on the sale of our Venator shares near the end of 2020 further bolstering our liquidity and balance sheet with approximately $250 million of total related cash. During 2020, a year that history will remember for unprecedented challenges, more than ever before Huntsman has become significantly stronger, further focused on strategically growing its differentiated businesses and enhancing shareholder value.”
Segment Analysis for 3Q20 Compared to 3Q19
The decrease in revenues in our Polyurethanes segment for the three months ended September 30, 2020 compared to the same period of 2019 was primarily due to lower MDI average selling prices. MDI average selling prices decreased across most major markets in relation to the global economic slowdown resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Overall polyurethanes sales volumes were roughly flat, when including sales volumes in connection with the Icynene-Lapolla Acquisition. The increase in segment adjusted EBITDA was primarily due to lower raw material costs and lower fixed costs as well as additional sales volumes in connection with the Icynene-Lapolla Acquisition, partially offset by lower MDI pricing.« Previous Post Next Post »